Garam Masala Recipe:How to Make Garam Masala Powder Recipe2017-12-29
- Cuisine: North Indian Recipes
- Course: Indian street food, Others, Powder recipes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 6m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 6m
Garam Masala Recipe
Garam masala recipe is a blend of spices used in the Indian cuisine. It is using to spice up many dishes at the end of preparation or during the tempering. The spices used have their unique health benefits such as helping in digestion and improves immunity. Masala powder form an integral part of the Indian kitchens. Sambhar powder, chat masala, pav bhaji masala, biryani masala are few of the commonly used ones for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes. Garam masala is using in soups, curries, salad dressings, stew, sabji and the list goes on.
Ingredients of Garam Masala
The spices used in the recipe include cumin, pepper, cinnamon , clove, aniseed, coriander Seeds, fenugreek Seeds, bayleaves, fennel, dry ginger, nutmeg, pineapple flower. There are different variations in preparing the garam masala recipe. It depends on the regional spices. The spices are roasting in low flame and then ground to a fine powder and storing in a container. The preparing masala can be storing for upto six months and using in various recipes. It is always better to prepare the garam masala in small batches so that the aroma and flavor are retaining until it lasts.
Though ready-made garam masala is available in different brands in the market, the home made version always is special. Garam masala can be using in many other recipes depending on one’s taste and requirements. It is not using the spicy like red chilli powder. It has a balancing mixing of spices giving it a strong aroma and tastes flavorsome.
The amount of garam masala used in a recipe amounts to the overall taste. Often, a little amount will do wonders to the dish making it flavorsome. Too much of garam masala could over shadow the taste of the base dish. Hence it is essential to keep the quantity of masala used in the preparation. However it depends on each one’s preference. If you like it more spicy and tangy, an extra spice might be preferable.
The making of garam masala is the really easy , the proportion of ingredients are mainly important for this .
- Cumin Seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Pepper - 2 Tbsp
- Bajje - No.
- Cinnamon - 2 Nos.
- Clove - Cup
- Aniseed - 2 Tbsp
- Coriander Seeds - 6 Tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Azwana - 1 Tbsp
- Pineapple Flower - 4 Nos.
* Firstly we have to take 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks for making this garam masala .
* Now take 1/4 cup of Star Anise , or 4 to 5 star anise for making the masala .
* After that now take 1 or 2 Nut Meg , it also a one of the spicy ingredient .
* Add 3 to 4 Red chilly , just remove the stick from the red chilly and fry this for 5 minutes in a low flame .
* Add 2 table spun of Fenugreek seeds , it is a good taste to the masala .
* Now add Fennel seeds , it doesn't give only flavor it also gives the good aroma also .
* Now take the root , for this we called bajje - it is good for health .
* Now add 2 table spun of Clove to the making of garam masala . .
* Marati moggu is the masala item which gives the best flavor for the masala.
* Now add 1 table spun of Azwana to the masala for good taste and flavor .
* Add 5 to 6 cardamom for the making of masala , you can also add the black cardamom also .
* Now take a one bowel in this add 2 table spun of coriander seeds , and fry in a low flame and powder this .
* Take a one jar in this add all the ingredients , and grind this as a fully as a powder . * Now the garam masala is ready to serve .
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe