Sabudana Kheer Recipe: How to Make Sabudana Kheer for Vrat or Fasting2017-12-28
- Cuisine: Indian Recipes, South Indian Recipes
- Course: Evening Special, Healthy drink, Indian Sweet Recipes, Kids Recipes, Others, Sweets
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Sabudana Kheer Recipe
Sabudana kheer recipe is a delicacy prepared mainly during festive seasons like navaratri or vrat days. It is a practice in Indian culture to make special sweets on festivals or fasting days. Few such recipes are sabudana kheer, coconut laddoo, chawal kheer, shrikhand and so on.
Sabudana kheer is an easy recipe with simple ingredients. Generally kheer is preparing from condensed milk or by slow cooking milk until we get a thick consistency. The ingredients like rice, semiya, sabudana or fruits are adding as per the recipe. Sugar or jaggery is adding for the sweetness. Cardamom is using in almost all the sweets recipe for its unique flavor. Dry fruits and nuts are adding to perk up the dish. This is the general template of making any kheer.
The required amount of sabudana or tapioca pearls are soaking in water for an hour and then draining. Milk is then pouring into a pan and cooking in slow flame. Sugar is then adding to the milk and continuously stirring. Powdering cardamom is then adding to the above mixture. Soaking sabudana is now adding and stirring. You can check if the sabudana is well cooking by taking out a few balls and pressing them.
Dry fruits and nuts can be added as the final ingredients. The sabudana kheer is now ready to be serving. Cashews roasting in ghee and a pinch of saffron can be added to garnish the kheer. You can also add almonds and pistachios. The divine tasting kheer is now ready to make you feel the festivity in full fledge. Other variants of the kheer are rice kheer, semiya kheer, phirni, carrot kheer, pumpkin kheer. Called by different names across different regions and prepared in many variations, it is one of the important part of festivals across the country.
Sabudana kheer , is the one of the tastiest and also easiest of making the kheer .
And also it is help full for the health also, it is minimizing the excess of heat in the body .
- Sabudana - 1 Cup
- Sugar - Cup
- Cardamom Powder - Tbsp
- Dry Fruits - Cup
- Water Cup
* For making this Sabhudana Kheer , hire we are taking the medium size sabudana , as in the below image .
* Now take a one bowel in this add 1 cup of Sabudana then add 1 cup of water then sock this for 1 hour .
* After an 1 hour , just separate the water from the sabudana as in the below image type .
* Firstly take a one pan to this add 2 cup of milk and make it heat in the low flame .
* Now add 1/2 cup of sugar to this kada and stirl it continuously for 5 minutes .
* Take a one cardamom and powder that fully , now add 1 table spun of cardamom to the kada .
* When milk is boiling , now add socked Sabudana to the kada , and stirl continuously .
* cook the sabudana and milk for 10 minutes in a low flame ,it have to cook well .
* Now add the dry fruits to the kada , you can add all kind of dry fuits . * And cook for another 5 minutes .
* After cooking the Kheer for 15 minutes , it looks as in the below image .
* Now the healthy and tasty Sabudana Kheer is ready to serve now . * Serve this in a hot way for good taste .